Firmware Security Specialist
Exein, a brand in security research and tools development, located in Rome Italy, is seeking a Firmware Security Specialist
Work with the security team and the developers team as member to develop novel software application to secure already existing industrial and mission-critical devices and build next generation SDK for firmware developer for the IoT era.
- Participate to the team who defines dinamic security policies for hardware .
- Design and develop low-level C and assembly applications which secure the target devices injecting a software which monitors an secures it.
- Find Vulnerabilities in firmwares (Linux based firmware, Real Time based firmware and Bare Metal based firmware )
- Enjoy working on a cutting edge technologies with world's most important IoT and chipset vendors and Network Integrators.
- Have 3+ years professional experience programming in C or C++.
- Have expert knowledge of embedded systems development concepts, including cross-platform development and build tools (GNU toolchain, OpenWRT, buildroot, Yocto), bootloaders (U-Boot, coreboot, UEFI), kernel configuration, device drivers, device trees.
- Know common bus protocols like I2C, SPI, and LPC.
- Are comfortable using network protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, hardware debuggers, and source-level debuggers to troubleshoot problems at all layers of the stack.
- Have experience reading schematics and data sheets.
- Are eager to hook up a logic analyzer to investigate issues with the boot chain.
- Are delighted to break things in order to uncover security vulnerabilities.
- Experience writing device drivers.
- Experience with Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), Secure Boot, and cryptography fundamentals.
- SOP Plan
- Netflix subscription
- Spotify subscription
- Payed Free Study Hours (4H/Mo)
- Breakfast & lunch
- Partial Remote Work option available.